BIG DATA MANAGEMENT
World's First Data Storytelling Feed Launched by Yellowfin
Shaivi Chapalgaonkar | July 05, 2021
Yellowfin, a world-leading vendor in innovative analytics, has released version 9.6 with new upgrades and capabilities that unify actionable dashboards, automated business monitoring, and data storytelling into a unique analytics experience for business users.
Yellowfin Stories, introduced in Yellowfin 8, allows data creation narratives that generate a consistent understanding across a company. Yellowfin combines written, long-form analysis with embedded text, images, video, or snapshots of analytical content for businesses within a governed and secure platform.
The five key areas of enhancement in Yellowfin 9.6 are:
• Data Storytelling Feed now allows dashboard designers to integrate the most relevant stories directly onto the dashboard.
• Story Templates can now be created based on existing stories from the Data Storytelling Feed, providing repeatability and efficiency to authors and allowing them to customize stories without starting from scratch.
• Story Filters are now available for stories, allowing authors to dynamically filter embedded analytic content directly within a story and save this configuration against the published version, optimizing the process of creating recurring stories.
• Visualizations have been enhanced on the Chart Builder, enabling analysts to perform deeper customizations with new options for chart axis values and labels, category spacing, and sorting.
• SAML Authentication now supports native identity provider configuration, enabling IT and DevOps teams to manage authentication parameters and configuration directly within the platform.
Yellowfin is a global BI and analytics software vendor with a suite of world-class products powered by automation. Yellowfin is recognized as an innovator by the world's leading analyst firms. More than 29,000 organizations and over 3 million end-users across 75 countries use Yellowfin every day.